CCPU TUITION Assistance PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- The Higher Education Tuition Access Fund is available to early child care providers for educational coursework as it relates to the work of family child care at California-based accredited schools of higher education
- The fund will provide monetary assistance for approved coursework through reimbursement and sponsorship.
- The maximum benefit amount for both reimbursement and sponsorship is $5,000 per calendar year.
- For this calendar year, the fund can cover educational costs dating back to Jan. 1, 2022. You have the option to utilize tuition assistance for coursework completed in 2022 via reimbursement. You can also utilize your benefit to cover coursework taken between January 1st, 2023-December 31st 2023 through either Reimbursement or Sponsorship.
- Reimbursement is provided to family child care providers who have paid for tuition out of pocket.
- The maximum reimbursement amount is $5,000 per calendar year.
- Appropriate documentation for reimbursement can include, but is not limited to:
- Syllabus on School Letterhead of course/class
- Dates of when course/class was taken
- Proof of course payment/cost of the course from institution
- Evidence of course related expenses such as books, transcripts, etc.
- Student ID # (if applicable)
- Any other relevant/supporting documentation for course(s) taken at an accredited CA educational institution
- Sponsorship is tuition assistance funds that will be paid directly to the educational institution offering the course(s) on behalf of the family child care provider.
- Sponsorship is available for course work that occurs in 2023 and beyond.
- The maximum sponsorship amount is $5,000 per calendar year.
- Appropriate documentation for sponsorship can include, but is not limited to:
- Registration Link
- Student ID#
- Bursar/Cashier’s office contact information
- Many different types of courses can be covered.
- Course examples include:
- Child Development
- Foundations of Early Childhood
- Child Behavior, Family & Community Relationships
- Business Development Courses
- Business Management 101
- Introduction to Accounting & Finance
- Digital Marketing
- Accredited prerequisite education courses are also applicable:
- English as a Second Language
- Computer courses (Classes on computer use, knowledge, etc)
- The fund can also pay for course-related expenses.
- The maximum benefit of course related expenses is $300.
- Examples of course-related expenses included:
- Testing/placement fees related to accessing college coursework
- Translation of diplomas and transcripts from other schools
- Course examples include:
* Please note that there must be documentation for the institution that specifies the need for additional expenses (Ex. Syllabus, letter from the school on School Letterhead which details which course materials needed, etc.)
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis each calendar year.
- Providers should submit applications by the 1st of each month.
- Applications will be reviewed carefully
- Providers will be notified about the status of their applications by the end of the following month.
- Providers must:
- be a licensed or licensed-exempt provider
- Must have had a subsidized child in their care within the past twelve months or between Jan. 1, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022
- Must be willing to offer care to subsidized children
- Education sought must be professional development related to and in service of work as a Family Child Care provider; the content must be applicable to early childhood education or a business development. We will request context regarding applicability to the work of child care from applicants.
- Education must be taken at accredited: CA public community colleges, CA State Universities, Universities of CA, private non-profit colleges
*We hope to add adult education schools in the future.
Providers who need technical assistance in order to apply for the tuition assistance benefit can access support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us your language of choice, if you would like assistance by phone or video conference and the times of day you are free. You can write this email in whatever language you are most comfortable in.
- Child care providers will have access to additional support related to your technology access needs soon.
Beginning in Fall of 2023, providers will be able to apply for hardware that will support your ability to access higher education and CCPU programming.
- Examples of items that will be included in this benefit are:
- Hot spots
* All technical support approvals are based upon demonstrated need. These funds will be assessed on a case by case basis.
The Tuition Assistance Fund is here to support you reach your professional development goals as it relates to higher education and your work as a family childcare provider.
Each calendar year, you will be eligible to receive $5,000 in tuition assistance if you have served a child receiving subsidies within the last twelve months. You can use your tuition assistance to pursue a degree, continuing education, and/or ESL, GED, and computer courses.
If you do not see your language of choice, please send us an email at email@example.com. We will need: your name, your email and telephone number, your language of choice, and some good times to reach you.
Visit CCPU Trainng Fuind ‘s Frequently Asked Questions page and we might have the answer you are lookng for. Click the link below to be directed to our FAQ’s page.